Should my child be consuming a multivitamin?
Taking a daily multivitamin alongside a diet rich in essential nutrients can help your child maintain optimal daily nutrition levels. Ideally, kids should be getting their nutrients from a balanced diet of natural, whole foods. However, the common complaint from parents is the reality of the modern diet; simply, it has become increasingly difficult to fit in all 4-6 servings of fruits and vegetables a day to obtain the necessary micronutrients. This is especially true if your child is a picky eater. Furthermore, pediatricians state that a multivitamin is recommended for children who:
- Are on a mildly to moderately restrictive diet (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, allergy, etc.),
- Have difficulty eating regular, well-balanced meals,
- Are "selective" eaters and simply aren't getting the nutrients they need,
- Have chronic medical conditions that prevent them from consuming a wholesome diet,
- Are active and have increased nutrient needs,
- Drink excessive amounts of caffeinated beverages (e.g. cola), which may deplete vitamins and minerals from their body.
Please speak with your child's doctor to help determine whether a multivitamin is appropriate for your child.
For information on the recommended uses of Allysian Smartkids™, please visit the product page. For further questions related to product use, feel free to contact one of our nutritionists at firstname.lastname@example.org.